Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brumbleys’ Ghost


Brumbleys’ Ghost




I’m wondering of the smile I see,

Could it be you, returned to me?

I’d loved you e’en before the bell,

Had rang and broke my daydream spell.


Throughout these years of nothingness,

Engraved on mind that yellow dress.

Your body tall and flowing grace,

An everlasting smile upon your face.


I’d viewed from afar, desire grew,

I wonder still, what if you knew.

Those boyish yearnings holding fast,

Until this present breath still last.


I wonder had the years been kind,

And if true love, you’d ever find.

For I sure wish I’d let you know,

Develop love and let it grow.


Your memory has become a ghost,

That haunts me in the daylight most.

I’d been too shy to give a clue,

But did my puppydog eyes tell you?


You were far beyond, my daydreams too,

As I watched other boys all flock to you.

But you were regal, a Princess fair,

With moondust sprinkled in your hair.


And here you sit across the room,

My memories flood me, as I swoon.

What can I do to recover ground?

I open mouth, but make no sound.


Immobilised in fear, the moments pass,

I cannot move a muscle, frozen fast.

But clearly now, you’ve seen me look,

And I am dangling on this tender hook.


Please, angel tell me of my fate,

The world stops now, as I have wait.

Then you turn, head for the coast,

And I am left with Brumbleys’ ghost.



No comments:

Post a Comment